Re: capture gdb output

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 08:54:04AM -0400, Michael S. Miles wrote:
> I need to be able to capture all the output from my gdb session into some
> type of log file.  It seems like this is a feature that would definitely
> exist, but I have been searching the sources and documentation for any
> mention of this capability with no luck.
>
> Does anyone know if gdb has this functionality and if so, how to use it?
>
> If it helps, I am using the 03/20/01 snapshot of GDB on a Linux-i386 system.
> I am also using it as a remote Linux kernel debugger although I don't
> believe that is relevant.

Besides using tee, you could run gdb within an emacs shell session (or use
emacs' gdb mode) and copy the buffer to a file, or use the 'script' command
that many Unixen provide (output is in the 'typescript' file).  On older
systems, xterm might have a logging option (which was disabled due to security
concerns).

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304