Re: gdb port to or1k

> Many host systems that GDB supports don't even have parallel ports.
> Those that do don't suport the same set of capabilites (other than
> open/close and write, those are pretty standard :-).
We are only interested to add debugging support for host that
will be really used e.g. we don't have any interest at all to use arm host.
So we can assume, host should be able to print and thus have printer port.
Do you perhaps know if this will work for SUN? And HP machines?
Is there any way to easily configure this, if platforms use different IOCTL
numbers? (not to include #ifdefs)
And on the other hand we don't wan't to use special driver for every
platform...
Well, in any case we can write centronics parallel port "compatible" drivers
for those hosts we want to have supported.

> I don't have enough bandwidth free to directly contribute, but I'll be
> available to advise when the time comes.  I suspect that many of the GDB
> hackers are in the same boat, but I'll let them speak for themselves.
Thanks.

Marko