Re: gdbserver build

>> Have you configure and built a GDB in the same object directory that
>> you're trying to build gdbserver?

Fabrice> I won't run a gdb on the 386 (this will run on the 686) I
Fabrice> just want to run the gdbserver.

Fabrice> Do I really need to build all gdb for my target? Or just
Fabrice> configure?  I've read that it was not possible to build
Fabrice> gdbserver with the rest so i assumed that i didn't need to
Fabrice> build the rest...

I suspect you need to at least configure.  Although I don't think
gdbserver uses BFD, etc. directly, it includes "defs.h" and other
headers from GDB which include "bfd.h", etc.

I think gdbserver is at a crossroads.  While we could make it not
depend on other parts GDB, recently (where recently is defined as "in
the last few years") we've talked about possibilities of GDB and
gdbserver sharing even more code (like the code that's used to fetch
and store registers).  I'm not sure which direction that will
eventually be followed.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin