Re: gpl, gdb and wigglers.dll

>>>>> "Baurjan" == Baurjan Ismagulov <ibr@gantek.com> writes:

Baurjan> Tom:
Baurjan> 	Why do you think this code is GPL violation and should
Baurjan> be removed?

The fact that the wiggler is a dll and is dynamically loaded confuses
the issue -- for programmers.  In fact, it is not any different from
linking gdb statically against the wiggler library (that whole piece
of code won't work without that library).  If you built a gdb like
that you couldn't give it to me, because you couldn't give me the
library sources.  (Unless you argued that the library fell under the
system library exception, which seems unlikely, to say the least.)

I agree that there are plenty of grey areas in the GPL involving
component systems and the like.  However, I don't think this one is so
grey.

Tom