question about breakpoints

I want Insight to be able to save breakpoints.  So lately I've been
poking around breakpoint.h a bit, trying to understand some things.

One thing I came across is that I think there is some confusion about
languages and expressions.

For instance, struct breakpoint has this:

    /* Language we used to set the breakpoint.  */
    enum language language;

And this is set by set_raw_breakpoint() in breakpoint.c.

But can't a breakpoint's conditional expression be set with a
different language?  This is a real problem, it seems to me, because
the syntax used to set the breakpoint itself and the syntax of the
expression could then differ.  I think you'd have to save the
expression's language separately.

Maybe it seems weird to want to do this.  But when debugging compiled
Java code sometimes it is easier to do certain things from the C++
view of the world.

Anyway, if this isn't allowed, then gdb ought to give me an error if I
try to do it.  Right now it doesn't seem to do that.

Tom