gdb and pascal

Hey Again,

I will apologize in advance for all the questions I ask.  I am using
gdb-20010529 on a Mandrake 7.2 system with glibc 2.1.3.

OK, the first thing is, does GDB support printing the data that a pointer
points to?  I does for C, but with Pascal source it gives unable to
reference generic pointer errors (casting with print on the command line
results in the same error).

Is there a mechanism to print Pascal Strings in gdb.  Currently, type casted
or not, it displays incomplete type the error when printing a Pascal string.
I believe it should displays the capacity, length, and contents.

If they don't exist, I'm going to give it a shot to write them.....

Thank you,
Adam Oldham

C. Adam Oldham              Marconi Commerce Systems Inc.
Software Engineer           7300 West Friendly Ave.
adam.oldham@marconi.com     Greensboro, NC 27420-2087
Phone : 336.547.5952        Fax   : 336.547.5079
This document contains confidential information of Marconi Commerce
Systems Inc.  In consideration of the receipt of this document, the
recipient agrees not to reproduce, copy, use or transmit this document
and/or the information contained herein, in whole or in part, or to
suffer such actions by others, for any purpose except with written
permission, first obtained, of Marconi Commerce Systems Inc., and
further agrees to surrender the same to Marconi Commerce Systems Inc.
upon demand.