Re: Why is the LIN-LVP target not stacked?

> "John S. Kallal" <jskallal@home.com> writes:
>

>> Why are the target routine in the file lin-lwp.c not put onto
>> the target stack with a stratum level between thread_stratum and
>> process_stratum?
>

> I think it should.  However when I checked in the code to see whether
> it worked as well for other people as it did for me, I didn't want to
> make the necessary changes to the rest of GDB.  Feel free to submit
> any patches.  On second thought, perhaps this should be discussed a
> bit more first...

Yes, the idea is correct.  The problem, as you've probably noticed is
that the target stack isn't really a stack :-(  Cleanly slipping a new
layer in between thread_stratum and process_stratum isn't as easy as it
should be.

However, having said that I'm very interested in changes that start
converting the target layers into a real stack.

	Andrew