Is GDB using TYPEDEF identifiers?

I think that POSIX reserves all identifiers defined with a typedef statement
that that end with the characters "_t" for use within the POSIX header files.
I note that the GDB source code uses a lot a such identifiers.  Should
we change to another suffix such as "_td" and document that requirement
in the GDB coding rules within file 'gdbint.texinfo'?

John S. Kallal