linux core support

I am using the GNU tools for the arm linux platform, the tools are so
wonderful, thanks for all the men who pay their effort on it.

When I use the cross gdb for the linux arm platform, I am a little puzzled
that it does not support core file, even the native arm linux gdb seems not
too. It seems that only the i386 native gdb support the core dump file for
linux. I think the integration work for all the linux platform( either native
or target) the core file support is at hand, cause gdb has a file gregset.h
to assist it, does anyone take effort on it?

Regards,
more.