Re: can't find class named `foo', as given by C++ RTTI

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> writes:

> This is a new class of errors that I've started seeing recently. I'm
> getting this from debugging efforts on x86/linux with current CVS
> 'src' and 'gcc' modules. For what it's worth, both --with-dwarf2 and
> default toolchains have the same error.
>

> (gdb) p *__fp
> can't find class named `std::numpunct<char>', as given by C++ RTTI
This is no surprise.
Without namespace support in the symbol table, sometimes the names
aren't quite correct.
5 to 1 says ptype 'numpunct<char>' works.

It's good to not have to worry about this stuff anymore.

I think i'll go implement dwarf2.1 namespace support in gcc.
That way, I can at least say "Well, we output the info, but gdb can't
use it".

--
"Every so often, I like to stick my head out the window, look up,
and smile for a satellite picture.