Re: So what is wrong with v3 C++

> "If I make this change, will it break our GCC 3.0 support?  I don't
> have GCC 3.0 installed anywhere anymore..."

I thought 'gcc-3' support was broken anyway. That was the whole point
of the initial post.

> But until someone fixes stabs, I think it's reasonable to tell C++
> users that GCC only provides sufficient information when using Dwarf
> 2.

I think this is reasonable as well, and I think you'll find that most
C++ users are already doing this by configuring with --with-dwarf2. I
am willing to do the appropriate configure/documenation work to make
--enable-languages=c++ deal with this sanely.

I also think it's reasonable to try and get this working first, then
figure out how to back-port it to gcc-3 and/or older gdb
versions. Hopefully, if this work gets done somewhat quickly, the
compiler support should be in the gcc-3.01 release.

thanks again dudes,
benjamin