Re: So what is wrong with v3 C++

> I just talked about this on the phone with Ben Kosnik.  He says that
> the bug causing him the most trouble is the simple inability to print
> his objects.  Troubles with virtual base classes and stepping into
> virtual functions are insignificant compared to the frustration of
> being unable to see his data.

My take would be, in order of priority:

	o	not dump core

	o	not lie when printing data

	o	anything else

you can work around broken step/next, it gets really hard to work around
random core dumps and incorrect C++ output.

The second one is, I think, is somewhat unique to C++. Unlike more
straight forward languages such as C, there is typically no
direct/obvious correspondance between a data declaration and its
representation in memory.  Consequently, it is important to get that
data display right.

	Andrew