RE: Executable with non-debugging info.

It may depend on the operating system, but the information obtained from a
core file does not usually depend on whether the executable has debug
information. I your particular case, however, I doubt if the information
is correct because "signal 9" is SIGKILL and it is not supposed to produce
a core file. SIGKILL is supposed to terminate the process immediately.

hiro