Urgent help please...

    First, excuse me if this list isn't the best place to post this
question, but I really need help.
    I've been writing a program on Linux, a 3D control simulation
enviroment. Today, due to a stupid mistake I deleted my home directory, and
with it went all the source code and the back-ups... An entire year of work
down the digital drain...
    But I remembered that I had been compiling the program in gcc with
the -g flag, so the source is almost all there, in the executable and the
shared libraries it consists of...
    My plee of help is for a way to get it all from the binary files, if not
using gdb then with any other way you might know of... Please help me here,
I spent too many hours with this project and it's almost impossible for me
to do it all over again...
    Thanks for any help you may give me.

Carlos Alfaro