Current (non-) state of gdbserver

Based on the lack of response I got last time I inquired about gdbserver,
I'd say that no one has really picked it up since Stan stepped back.  It
hasn't built in a while; the multiarch support completely stops it from
working, on the targets I tried at least (ppc-linux and mips-linux).

Unless someone steps up with something already done (if you're out there,
we're waiting...), I'm going to start working on this.  I'm not sure how
multiarch will fit in to gdbserver in the future, but for now my intent is
to bloat it somewhat with the necessary support code.  It'll probably
involve splitting a lot of tdep files into two pieces.

I'd also like to start building gdbserver by default on platforms which
support it (and I have patches to extend the list a bit).  That way we can
at least notice this sort of thing...