Re: RFC: --enable-targets=<list>

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I'm getting ready to commit a patch (raw draft attached) that makes it
> possible to build a GDB that contains several orthogonal target
> architectures.  Not sure what happens when you use it yet :-)
>
> Anyway, I'm trying to take a softly softly approach.  The attatched
> configury tweek tries to do the right thing (multi-arch when possible)
> and warn the user when something isn't possible.  The alternative would
> be to simply fail.  Thoughts?

I have only one thought: is it really a good idea to make this change a
few days before you cut the release branch (if I take the tentative
schedule seriously)?

I'm afraid of the possibility that some configurations that aren't
tested too frequently might become broken by this change, and that the
responsible maintainers will not become aware of that until it's too
late.