Re: Moving sizeof.exp:get_sizeof() in lib/gdb.exp

Hi!

Fernando Nasser a écrit :

> Stephane Carrez wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrew and Fernando,
> >
> > For the following patchs:
> >
> > [RFA]: Fix gdb.base/long_long.exp for targets with 2-byte pointers
>
> I understand why you need this here...
>
> > [RFA]: Fix gdb.base/remote for embedded targets (HC11)
>
> ... but not here.  Are you sure this second one is related?

Andrew suggested to use get_sizeof() to obtain the size of the random_data
table (1K for HC11, 48K default).  This is what I did; it works; and then
I realized sizeof.exp:get_sizeof() was useful enough to be put in the lib.

> > Andrew suggested to use the `sizeof.exp:get_sizeof()' procedure.
> >
> > Rather than duplicating this procedure in several .exp file, would you
> > agree to put it in lib/gdb.exp?
> >
> > I can submit a patch if this looks reasonable.
> >
> >         Stephane
>
> I think Andrew meat "do like" sizeof.exp:get_sizeof()....  We usually
> either pass or fail after we send commands to GDB so we know if
> something (and what) went wrong.
>
> Moving  sizeof.exp:get_sizeof()  to gdb.exp would litter that file even
> more (I am already thinking of taking some time to reorganize it).  It
> would also leave the sizeof.exp a little bit orphan of it.  Also,
> someone can easily misuse it and generate duplicate test ids.

Ok

> Your patch to long_long.exp is almost fine -- just make your test for
> setting "sizeof_ptr" a little bit more robust.
>
> Regards,
> Fernando
>
> P.S.: Have you ever resubmitted the patch for remote.exp or answered
> Andrew's concerns on why you do not always "runto_main"?

I'll submit a new patch with a get_sizeof() in remote.exp, and always runto_main.

	Stephane

         Home                               Office
E-mail: stcarrez@worldnet.fr               Stephane.Carrez@sun.com
WWW:    http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez   http://www.sun.com
Mail:   17, rue Foucher Lepelletier        6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
        92130 Issy Les Moulineaux          78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
        France