Re: Objective-C Support

On Tuesday, July 17, 2001, at 09:54 AM, mirko.viviani@rccr.cremona.it
wrote:

> You wrote:
>
>>> As the new release of GDB approaches, I once again wonder when
>>> Objective-C
>>> is going to be fully supported in GDB?
>>
>> My understanding is that Apple has patches to 5.0 for better ObjC
>> support, but is too busy at the moment to submit them.  Some interested
>> developer (preferably with the necessary paperwork done :P) should pick
>> them up and try to integrate them into CVS!
>
> I've already done the work, but due to some problems I haven't finished
> the
> tests yet. :(
>
> I hope to start submitting the patches after the middle of the next
> month.

It's good to hear that someone is working on this ... I was thinking I
might
need to volunteer.
If you want help with testing  (or with writing testcases), please let
me know,
I don't know anything about gdb internals, but can probably pick up
enough to
be of some use.

I guess I haven't paid enough attention - when is the next release, and
can
ObjC support be in place in time?