Re: parcelling up struct gdbarch

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:22:42PM -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Well, implementation-wise and protocol-wise I'll need the same things
> to do it hard-wired before I can do it flexibly, so I'm implementing
> that structure now (I'm mostly done it, actually - I'm testing it for
> mips32 now, and if it works I'll post it in the morning).
>
> Having flexible packet specs would remove a couple of trivial functions
> that I wrote, but I'd prefer to tackle that idea after the remainder of
> the issues have been dealt with.

And it works.  I currently move handling of the 'g' and 'G' packets off
into the low-* file, which makes drastically more sense anyway.  The
code for prepare_resume_reply still needs to be handled, but the
changes are trivial once the rest is in place.

In remote.c, I add a 'qRegisters' packet with the reply
'qRegisters:IDENTIFIER', where IDENTIFIER is a (hex-encoded) defined
name.  It defines a register numbering, which remote.c takes care to
use when talking to the target if one is available.  The client-side
changes are finished and I'll post them in the morning when I'm awake
enough to write a proper changelog.