Re: Can anyone import trivial changes to libiberty?

Actually, this all changed when I took over libiberty.  My machine has
a cron job that runs hourly and looks for needed merges, and writes a
script that does all the work for me.  I just review the script and
run it when I get the email.  The libiberties have been in 100% sync
since I started doing this.

Specific comments follow.

> You are *supposed* to commit to both at once.

You are *allowed* to.  You should if you can.  If you don't, or do it
wrong, the automerge picks up the difference.

*Anyone* may merge any patch from gcc to other libiberty repositories
if they can't wait for the automerge, even if it's not their patch.
However, *nobody* can commit to non-gcc libiberties until after it's
committed to gcc (otherwise my scripts get confused, and it's a bad
idea anyway).

> In practice, sometimes people forget.

Or can't check in to other repositories.

> Merges don't occur all that often. They usually occur when someone
> notices something they needed in one but not the other, and that
> they've gotten out of sync.

They happen hourly now.  Or, it checks hourly, and I commit it next
time I sit down at the computer ;-)

> At least, this is my experience.

Hopefully, we'll all have better experiences now.