Re: Spring cleaning of GDB's web pages

On Aug 22, 11:51am, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > >   http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_6.html#SEC6
> >
> > This page is not very helpful to someone who's trying to get the legal
> > documents needed for contributing changes to GNU software.
>
> I don't see why: it clearly says how to get the documents.

It tells maintainers who have access to GNU machines how to get the
documents.  The pointers it provides are useless to everyone else.

I've been told that the new way to obtain these documents is to
contact the appropriate maintainer.  This individual will *hopefully*
be responsive and send a small questionaire to the contributor.  The
contributor answers these questions and the responses allow the
maintainer to send the contributor the correct legal documents.

If this is the case, then the above process needs to be documented
and the responsible maintainer(s) for GDB need to be listed so that
a prospective contributor knows whom to contact...

(Personally, I'd like to see the process streamlined a bit more
so that filling out a web form would cause the appropriate legal
documents to be displayed.)

Kevin