Re: Breakpoints in dynamically loaded objects

On 8 May 2000, Tom Tromey wrote:

> And, because of the need to "finish" on that second breakpoint before
> enabling the JNI breakpoint, you can't automate it.

Is that because GDB cannot run the debuggee from breakpoint commands?

If so, I suggested patches to allow that (a long time ago).  Michael
Snyder asked for lots of testing before it could be accepted, so it got
buried under the backlog.

Maybe we should revive that again.  I still have the patches, although by
now they must have suffered from some bitrot.  But it shouldn't be hard
to retrofit them, since the changes were quite simple (in a nutshell, GDB
uses a bunch of static variables to control the debuggee, and running the
inferior from a breakpoint command overwrites some of these variables).