Program thats runs in cpu32bug, won't run in gdb?

Hello,
	I'm using an sbc that contains cpu32bug, I compiled a small program with
m68k-coff-gcc, and run it successfully on the board using cpu32bug (via
serial port using minicom). I then compiled gdb-4.18 for m68k-coff, all
worked fine. After starting m68k-coff-gdb, I connect to the target cpu32bug,
and load the program, everything works fine. I verify the pc and sp with the
info registers command, and display the first few memory locations. However
when I type run, I get:

Starting program: /home/larry/hello.coff

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x39d0 in ?? ()

I can then quit gdb, open minicom, and run the program from cpu32bug, so gdb
loads the program correctly.

What am I missing?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry Gray