Re: Changes to snapshot process ... ?

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
>> > Suppose someone only wants the branch snapshots: can she easily find
>> > out which snapshot is which?  If that's not easy, how about putting
>> > each type of snapshot into its own directory, to avoid confusion?
>

>> Yes, agreed.  You wouldn't have a suggestion for a directory name?  One
>> would be gdb/snapshots/current/, as for the other.  One thought would be
>> gdb/snapshots/stable/ however people may read more into that then they
>> should.  I guess I should suggest gdb/snapshots/branch/ and see if
>> someone comes up with something better  [:-)]
>

> Yes, gdb/snapshots/branch/ sounds good.  Better yet, try something
> like gdb/snapshots/gdb-5.1-release-branch/.

I had some reservations over calling something 5.1 but I think I've
overcome that fear. So gdb/snapshots/5.1-branch (I think release and gdb
are redundant).

I'll tweek the scripts for this ready for tonight.

--

Next question is gdb/snapshots/gdb+dejagnu.tar.bz2.

Hmm, at present it is a hard link :-/  If it was a symlink would ftp
shadow systems be smart enough to copy the link and not the file?

Eliminate this and GDB can run nightly snaps of both the 5.1-branch and
current without a significant increase in shadow size.

Andrew