psim: "undefined target" problems

Hello everybody
Jan told me about psim. A program that emulates the Instruction Set
Architecture of the PowerPC microprocessor family. Because it could be
helpfull for our project, I compiled/installed Insight-5.1 with the option
"--target=powerpc-linux".
Then I made a little test program, called 'test' ;-) which simply makes the
sum of three static variables. No include files are used, there is only
test.c which I compiled it with "powerpc-linux-gcc -g test.c -o test".
Then i ran insight and did "target sim", but it complained that the target
is undefined:
"Error: Undefined target command:"sim". Try "help target". "
The output of the command "help target" is:
"connect to a machine or target"

could somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Gioti