Re: [5.1] Re: po/POTFILES.in doesn't exist

> Sorry about the long delay, I've been way behind in my GDB e-mailing
> folders :-(
>
> On Oct 14, 2001, Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> wrote:
>

>> cd /home/scratch/51/gdb/src/bfd && autoconf
>> configure.in:8: AC_TRY_COMPILE was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
>> configure.in:8: AC_TRY_RUN was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
>> autoconf: Undefined macros:
>> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
>

> Which version of autoconf was this?

The one in ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils that everyone is ment
to use when re-autoconfing BFD.

> This last error is generally a symptom of under-quoted macro
> invocations in configure.in or aclocal.m4.  Typical scenario is a
> construct such as:
>
> AC_FOO(AC_BAR(...))
>
> The correct way to write this is:
>
> AC_FOO([AC_BAR([...])])
>
> I.e., every argument of every macro should be enclosed in quotation
> brackets.  Sometimes, you may get on without so much quoting, in the
> hopes that the argument of the macro won't contain any active content
> (i.e., no other m4 macro).  But, if any macro argument does, you may
> observe this kind of problem.

Ok, thanks.  I suspect the faulty definition is bundled in with the
gettext that everyone is ment to use when re-building GDB (see ftp
directory above).  Hmm, perhaps it is time to kill that gettext snapshot.

Andrew