Re: Upcoming DWARF 3 and FORTRAN95 patches for 5.1.1 or 5.2?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 05:03:14PM -0500, Petr Sorfa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'll be releasing several patches soon, starting with some DWARF III
> > support next week (I hope) and FORTRAN95 starting in March.
> >
> > Just curious as to what timeline these patches will fit in (once they
> > are accepted.) The DWARF III I see making the 5.1.1 tree, but the
> > FORTRAN95 patches?
>
> Nothing's going to make 5.1.1.  It's far too late; it'll be released in
> a week, if I understood Andrew correctly.
>
> Can you be more specific - what parts of DWARF3?  I've been working on
> the dwarf2 reader in my spare time, and I'm willing to bet you'll
> clobber all of those patches, so it would be nice if you fixed what I
> was working on :P

I would imagine, based on reading some stuff on Intel's web site (that
said they were having caldera modify gdb for them to support their
compiler's debug output), that  he's adding the pieces needed to support
Intel's C++ Compiler for Linux.

I have a list of what that outputs that gdb doesn't currently supports
somewhere, but it might be easier for you to just look yourself, as it
would take me a while to find it.
--Dan