Re: Non-multiarched macros

> The following macros are defined by the ARM and are referenced by the
> generic code, but appear not be multi-arched.
>
> What is supposed to happen here?
>
> SMASH_TEXT_ADDRESS	  -- coffread.c dbxread.c dwarfread.c elfread.c
> 			     somread.c
> FLOAT_INFO		  -- infcmd.c
> VARIABLES_INSIDE_BLOCK    -- dbxread.c os9kread.c
> ELF_MAKE_MSYMBOL_SPECIAL  -- elfread.c
> COFF_MAKE_MSYMBOL_SPECIAL -- coffread.c

Anyone can convert these macros to use the multi-arch framework and
hopefull that conversion is a straight forward afair.  Easiest way I
know to do this is to copy a similar example.  If you're wondering what
isn't straight forward look at mips_extra_frame_info()  (Jason Thorp
note - this stops the Alpha being fully converted, see gdb/150 and
gdb/149 and gdb/151).

I'd do these in parallel with other changes since throwing the
multi-arch switch doesn't depend on these being functions.

Some suggestions.

 > SMASH_TEXT_ADDRESS	  -- coffread.c dbxread.c dwarfread.c elfread.c
 > 			     somread.c

REGISTER_BYTES_OK

 > FLOAT_INFO		  -- infcmd.c

DO_REGISTERS_INFO

need to change FLOAT_INFO -> FLOAT_INFO().

 > VARIABLES_INSIDE_BLOCK    -- dbxread.c os9kread.c

Is OS9K_VARIABLES_INSIDE_BLOCK defined?
DO_REGISTERS_INFO

 > ELF_MAKE_MSYMBOL_SPECIAL  -- elfread.c

REGISTER_BYTES_OK

 > COFF_MAKE_MSYMBOL_SPECIAL -- coffread.c

REGISTER_BYTES_OK

There was an e-mail explaining the choice somewhere (Eli, I guess it is
time to give in and put it into the internals manual).  However, briefly:

#ifdef FOO
    FOO()
#endif

becomes

    if (FOO_P())
     FOO();

and

#ifndef FOO
#define FOO() bar()
#endif
     FOO()

becomes

     FOO()

with bar() made the default.  The main thing is to resist any temptation
to do anything beyond a mechanical conversion.

enjoy,
Andrew