Re: Non-multiarched macros

>> ELF_MAKE_MSYMBOL_SPECIAL  -- elfread.c
>>
>> REGISTER_BYTES_OK
>>
>> > COFF_MAKE_MSYMBOL_SPECIAL -- coffread.c
>>
>> REGISTER_BYTES_OK
>

> These two are my biggest concern.  They are likely to pull object-format
> specific information into the tdep file.  Is that safe?  Can I be sure
> that the all the object formats will be available there, regardless of
> configuration.

Dan answered the technical question.

Anyway, it is probably a design flaw (?) and multi-arch conversions
ignore flaws in the design.  You can grit your teath and do the
conversion anyway :-)

The rationale is two fold.  If people tried to fix every design flaw
they found during the conversion process then the conversion process
would never be finished.  Once everything is converted, it is going to
be far easier for someone to go through all targets and test/fix the
design problems.

enjoy,
Andrew