Re: `gdbserver' in cross compiled builds

Yes, that's clear for me. It is the same for glibc.
With this point I have NO problems.

The problem is simple in the tree setup !

In my built (objects) tree, there is NO "gdbserver" subdirectory
created by configuring, in the gdb source tree, the configuration
cannot be done, because all generated files (configs, header files,
etc) are written to the build tree (OBJECT tree).

So my problems are not in the config parameters, but simple, where
(on which path) is called what ?
And if I do some hacks manually, PPC support (for example) cannot be
built. Why does the gdbserver directory work so bad ?

I hope I could give you the point of my problem (reread last email
also).

With friendly regards
Christoph Plattner

Olt EMAIL:
------------------
Hello,

thanks for you answer, but my questions aimed to another point.

Why is the gdbserver not built automatically also in cross builds ?
Why is gdbserver not configured in cross builds ?

How to do the correct way to build and configure concerning the
source tree and the build tree. For example

$HOME/src/gdb    ... is the current gdb source
$HOME/build/gdb  ... is the current build tree for gdb

cd $HOME/build/gdb
../../src/gdb/configure .............

where the parameters for configure sets up a cross build, for example
target is a powerpc architecture, host is i386-linux.

GDB can be build for that without problem.
But how to configure "gdbserver" now ?
There is no directory under the build tree.
To change to the source tree to do the setup is also wrong, as generated
header files, etc, cannot be found there.
What is the professional way here (not a hack or a workaround).

I hope you can help here.

With friendly regards
Christoph Plattner

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at