Re: gdb-5.x and step over inline functions

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Iso-H wrote:
>
> >  Is there any way to step over inline functions
> >  when using gdb >= 5.1 ? Some (commandline or other)option
> >  perhaps?
>
> Doesn't `until' do that?  That is, given that line 123 calls an inline
> function, and line 124 is the one after the inline function returns, you
> should be able to say "until 124" and get what you want.  Does that work?

  It isn't same; for example if I want to say: "list f_MyFunction"
  and if there is (==beginning of "f_MyFunction") some objects
  which have inline constructors I get list of those constructor(s)
  NOT list of "f_MyFunction" as I expected/wanted.  Besides,
  I have to check what is the line number from source code by editor
  because gdb can't show that line to me.

  Same goes with "next"; if I set breakpoint: "b f_MyFunction"
  I don't get what I want, because I end up to inside of those
  f*king inline constructor(s) again when breakpoint is reached!

  All this works with gdb-5.0, so gdb-5.1.x behaves
  differently here...

> >  I have used gcc option "-g3" with compilations and
> >  my host/target arch is GNULinux-alpha (ev56/ev67) but
> >  I think that this "step over inline functions" problem
> >  exist on other archs too.
>
> Does it help to use -gstabs+ instead of -g3?  (I assume the latter is a
> synonym for -gdwarf-2 on your system.)

  I tried, but it didn't help...

--

Iso-H