Re: How to compile GDB 5.1.1 in Mingw32 with MSYS?

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I don't think we want to advertise the port.  It didn't sound like it
> was anywhere close to a clean port and there were some problems.

I don't see any reason not to mention it.  It's not like all the other
configurations are bug-free, or even ``clean'', for that matter ;-)

> Do we want to include pointers to binaries on other sites in the README
> or PROBLEMS?  I don't think we want to go down that path.

Why not?  It's a valuable service to the users, I think.

Note that I'm only talking about the Windows platform, where building GDB
might be a non-trivial job.  A sentence saying go find the Cygwin binary,
even if you want to debug non-Cygwin applications, could save the day for
someone.

> I guess we could add a line that says that gdb doesn't build under
> mingw.

Yes.