Re: [maint] sim and common

At Wed, 06 Mar 2002 00:08:27 -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> I'm wondering if it would be helpful for sim specific maintainers (at
> least for sim/common based sims) to have implicit approval/write
> permission on the sim/common directory.

Uh, I was assuming that in general we (sim maintainers) had write
after approval perms, but that approval was still required.
(Concerned by your "write permission" comment there.  Do tell me if
i'm wrong.  8-)

Personally, I wouldn't mind someone else having responsibility for
reviewing my 'common' patches.

I'd like to make sure i'm not doing more damage than i intend, and i
say 'responsibility' because if somebody doesn't consider it their
responsibility well, then, it probably won't happen.

Of course, I'm sure we all have more than enough work to do...

My hope is to get approval, and hopefully consensus, for a bunch of
common patches over the next couple of months.  To "minor" things
like, oh, making the trace format a lot less lame.  8-)

chris