Re: question on gdbarch_skip_prologue()

  Kevin> But you should also know that most (all?) of us working on
  Kevin> GDB don't really like this behavior and are eagerly waiting
  Kevin> for the day when it'll be possible to implement
  Kevin> skip_prologue() as the identity function (on the first
  Kevin> argument).

Ah, I'm happy to hear that.

OK, here is my take then: longer term, skip_prologue() should become
an identity function.  In the interim, we can continue to use
code-reading based heuristics and debug info to implement it.  The
important point for me is that the routine does not need any special
support from the unwind library.

Of course, this implies that, for the moment, we can't get rid of
code-reading entirely in gdb/ia64, but longer term, we will be able to
do so.

	--david