Re: Hardware Breakpoints

Hi,

> > I'm trying to use hardware breakpoints in gdb (in the new
> > gdbarchitecture stuff) and cannot figure out how it all works. Are their
> > any gdbarch things for hardware breakpoints and watchpoints?
> >
> > Are there any targets that use hardware breakpoints and watchpoints in
> > the new gdbarch stuff?
>
> No.  But there is a reason.
>
> The existing h/w breakpoint macros should be moved to the target vector
> and not the architecture vector.  This is because the target, and not
> the architecture, determines the presence of a breakpoint mechanism.
>
> Unfortunatly, so far, no one has made this change, sigh!
>
> Interested?

hmm, I have an embedded target and I connect to it via a JTAG box, so
the target has hardware breakpoints, I assume we need to define them in
avr-tdep.c and put the hooks in the correct place to tie it together?

What I see at the moment is the breakpoint.c stuff has no connection to
the avr-tdep.c file and I cannot see how to define something in avr-tdep
and let breakpoint.c use it.

Do you have some ideas about how this is supposed to work?

--
Peter Jansen
Smart Container