Re: gcc development schedule [Re: sharing libcpp between GDB and GCC]

Tom> Given the distributed and opportunistic nature of development,
Tom> wouldn't a phaseless approach be worth considering?  Ultimately
Tom> lower cost for all participants?  Certainly put GCC in the position
Tom> of being better able to make near-instant "emergency releases" to correct
Tom> defects that escape up-front testing?  Certainly avoid snafus like
Tom> Red Hat experienced a little while back?

	Because many users (both inviduals and companies) want a schedule
so that they can plan releases.

	Tom, may I suggest that you take some time to learn how the GCC
Development Plan came into existance.  As with the GCC SC issue, you are
making suggestions based on invalid premises.  GCC has operated the other
way and it was not very effective.

Thanks, David