Latest CVS gdb giving up on Tru64

This is from the nightly CVS version 20020411.
Any program I debug on DGUX 4.0f Tru64 produces the following output:

---
(gdb) br main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x1200025a8: file dcs_archive_tape_coproc.c, line 551.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /dcs/appl01_loc/obj/dcs/dcs/bin/dcs_archive_tape_coproc
mdebugread.c:2645: gdb-internal-error: Section index is uninitialized
An internal GDB error was detected.  This may make further
debugging unreliable.  Quit this debugging session? (y or n) n

Create a core file containing the current state of GDB? (y or n) y
mdebugread.c:2441: gdb-internal-error: sect_index_data not initialized

An internal GDB error was detected.  This may make further
debugging unreliable.  Quit this debugging session? (y or n) n

Create a core file containing the current state of GDB? (y or n) y
---

Although as was suggested it is possible to continue, it continually asks
you questions about saving gdb's state.  And proceeding usually leads
to weirder problems.

I know this has been discussed recently, but I was wondering if the fix
is known and if it will be included in the future.  I have attached
gdb's stack trace in case it helps: