Re: GDB plugin proposal

>    My feeling is that this is really comparable to the linux kernel.  I
> was under the impression that RMS had made comments that the binary only
> kernel modules wouldn't be legal, except that Linus explicitly allowed
> them.

RMS's viewpoint isn't legally relevant. He may be right. He may be wrong.
He claims he's right, but that doesn't make it so.
He'd *like* to be right, but that also doesn't make it so.
Certainly, anything related to law that RMS spouts should be taken with a
*large* grain of salt.

>   (I'm sure there are lawyers that get good laughs out of
> discussions like this, similar to me laughing at IP lawyers attempts to
> understand coding )

Watch out, some of us soon-to-be IP lawyers are coders as well.
Muhahahahah
--Dan