Re: Adding target specific tests

Stan Shebs wrote:

> Elena Zannoni wrote:
> >
> > I am about to add 2 new testfiles to the gdb testsuite. Both are
> > specific to Altivec. One is a generic test for the ABI (function calls
> > and return values), the other deals with the AltiVec registers.
> >
> > Where should I put them?
>
> I would suggest a gdb.arch or gdb.target for random target
> specific tests, and put the altivec tests directly in it,
> unless you anticipate scores or hundreds of altivec test
> files a la gdb.hp.

That is not a bad idea.  I liked the gdb.altivec one because
we could configure or not that directory, but we can perhaps do
the same with the files in a gdb.target (or gdb.arch) directory.

I would like to configure them out to avoid lots of
UNSUPPORTED tests.  I would add a guard (testing for the
right target) anyway.

P.S.: Question: how would the GDB testsuite handle multiarched
targets?  We will need to "set arch" to one architecture, run
the tests, set arch to another, re-run the tests (all?).
I guess our tests for target will have to stop being on a
configuration triplet and start using a gdb command to set
the arch and confirm that it is available).  All the
xfail/kfail mechanism would have to change as well...

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300