Re: ARM and virtual/raw registers

> ac131313@cygnus.com said:
>
>> And fixing remote.c is on the hit list (I should fix Daniel's bug) :-)
>>  It already has an internal table that does a mapping only it is 1:1.
>> remote.c is complicated, however.  The mapping will need to be defined
>>  at run (and not compile) time - this makes trying to perform
>> transformations (and not simple mappings) on the way through more
>> difficult.
>

> Surely it only has to select one of several pre-compiled mappings that is
> appropriate for the target processor configuration.

I wish! :-)

I don't think anyone knows how many mappings there are.  Every single
mips target, for instance, likely has a different mapping.  Instead of
trying to second guess all of them, remote.c is being changed so that
the user can specify them at runtime.  That way, when (not if :-) the
default mapping screws up, the user can fix it.

enjoy,
Andrew