Re: read_register_byte can't work with pseudo-reg model

> (something else on my todo list is stomp on some of these redundant
>> interfaces :-)
>>

> Hmm, how about doing some of this stomping in a more aggressive manner on
> the regbuf branch; causing temporary breakage for some targets should be
> less of an issue there.

I prefer the technique of adding legacy_ prefixes and then deleting
``legacy'' targets :-^

More seriously, I've re-done the reg stuff to have a regcache (like you
suggested) (yes we both fixed the same param bug) instead of a regbuf -
regbuf was overkill for the problem immediatly to hand.

Part of this change will involve replacing two interfaces.  Getting just
that right will be fun enough.

enjoy,
Andrew