Setting up ARM7 MMU using gdbinit

I am developing a project using a Cirrus Logic 7312 ARM720 CPU. I would
like to debug my code from RAM, but the executable is larger than the on
chip SRAM. Also, the SDRAM interface does not work unless the CACHE is
enabled (and therefore MMU enabled) (Cirrus Logic errata :-( ).
Unfortunately, setting up the MMU requires access to Coprocessor
register 15 (through the mcr assembly instruction). Is there a way to
get to the coprocessor registers from the gdbinit script so that I can
setup the MMU prior to downloading my application into the SDRAM? I have
considered writing the mcr instruction op code in to memory and single
stepping over the instruction, but this seems a bit painful. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

--
Charlie Steaderman
charlies@poliac.com