Re: [RFC] Tests for vector types?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 05:04:46PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> Say, these new vector types such as exist for Altivec...
> are they going to be generally available to GCC users from now on?
> Like, say, on i386-Linux?

they are already in x86: sse, mmx, etc.

> If so, we should make up some generic tests for them for gdb.

unfortunately the tests can't be too generic because they depend
on the architecture having support for the SIMD type.  say, you
can't test V4SI on an architecture that only provides 64bit SIMD
registers (V2SI).

i have some patches i'm polishing up to provide just that-- any
SIMD type (say V4SI) regardless of if the hardware supports it.  this
will make it easier to write generic tests.

aldy