Re: obselete configurations & the top level

Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> This is a query.  A bunch of configurations have been obseleted and
> removed from GCC recently.  These have all, I believe, been obseleted
> and removed from GDB already.
>
> There is special-case code for many of these configurations in
> configure.in.  I would like to get rid of it.
>
> What else do I need to check before I get rid of these cases?  Are any
> of them possibly still supported by binutils?

While it's certainly conceivable that some targets should be
binutils-only (z8k is almost in that category for instance),
these are going to be unusual cases and there should be lots of
details about them in the top level files somewhere.  The onus
should be on the maintainers of any such config to speak up and
to document the situation thoroughly, and in the absence of any
such info, you should feel free to propose such cleanups.  (And
thanks in advance for doing it!)

Stan