Re: Just-in-time debugging

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:17:07AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>>On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>Unless we want to start documenting things like "How to use ulimit" in
>>>the gdb manual, I don't think it is necessarily appropriate for us
>>>to mention the setting of environment variables for cygwin.
>>
>>The variable is related to GDB, so it sounds appropriate.
>
>Yes.  While not the internal user interface, it definitly very useful
>and makes someone using GDB's life easier.
>
>Similar to this is knowing how to use GDB to create a stack backtrace.

As I'd mentioned, I think a better example is the unix ulimit command.
A grep of 'ulimit' does not unearth anything in the gdb documentation
directory.  Certainly, if a user wants to create a core file (and why
would you create a core file except for debugging?) they'd need to know
about this.

If you want to start populating the gdb documentation with OS-specific
hints, then I think you should start with linux.

In the meantime, I'm not going to be providing documentation for this.
I don't want to have to worry about modifying the information in two
places when/if we change the CYGWIN environment variable.

cgf