Re: gdbserver and multithreaded programs

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 07:06:35PM -0700, Ankur Sheth wrote:
> We tried out today's cvs on a simple remote multithreaded program on x86,
> ppc405 and sh4.

Let's see what we can do for you.

> Results :
> 	x86 - worked fine.

OK...

> 	ppc405 - worked on single threaded program, but on multithreaded
> program output zillions of
>
> 			Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> 			Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> 		as soon as we tried to step thru main.
>
> 	sh4 - worked fine on single threaded program, but on multithreaded
> program it output the following message.
>
> 			Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
>

> Has anybody else tried this stuff yet?

The "received signal SIG32" means that thread_db did not load.  Most
likely this means GDB did not find your libraries. On ppc405 I'd guess
that it found an incorrect copy of the libraries.  Are you setting
solib-absolute-prefix correctly?

I'm trying to come up with better ways to diagnose this sort of
problem, as the remote multithread debug is exceedingly fragile at
present.