Re: RFC: Obsoleting some symbol readers?

No one said beep. I guess it's time to formally propose it on gdb-announce@sources.redhat.com.

Andrew
--- Begin Message ---
On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 11:46:02PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> >On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 12:47:48AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >
> >>I was going through some cleanups to 'struct type' this evening and
> >>noticed
> >>more abuse of copying types in dstread.c and hpread.c.  dstread.c is only
> >>used by m68k-apollo-*, and I see that GCC 3.1 is deprecating this system;
> >>perhaps we should do the same for the next cycle?
> >>
> >>hpread, unfortunately, I don't think I can dismiss that easily :(  Guess
> >>I'll have to fix it; it has similar problems to stabs with regard to
> >>replacing incomplete types.
> >

> >Corollary to this:  dstread.c has not been compiled successfully since
> >at least 1995, when function_type was removed from struct type.  I
> >don't want to be the one to fix it :)
>
> os9kread.c has already been bug reported for obsolecence.
>
> If nothing else bug report these.  Hmm, lets just obsolete the entire
> apollo line ...

Found this in the mailbox... since no one else commented, I'd like to
propose that we obsolete m68*-apollo*-bsd*.  I haven't seen even a
reference to it in years.