Re: Réf. : Re: Flash programming using GDB with ARM Multi-ICE

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 04:24:57PM -0400, jimmy.gendron@telus.com wrote:

> If i understand:
>
> 1. Write a "stub" to initiate memory map
>
> 2. Write I/O routines to copy image to be burned from host to target RAM
>    (through DCC)

I don't do step 2 in my app. (I don't know what DCC is, either...)

I link my app with the image to be burned.  To my app, the
image to be burned is just a section of memory containing
bytes.  My linker script makes the starting/ending addresses of
that image section visible so my app knows where the image data
is in RAM. The linker creates a single application image that
contains the flash burning program as well as a copy of
whatever is to be burned into flash.

> 3. Copy from RAM to flash

That's what my little app does.

> The run that using GDB/Multi-ICE and everything should work.
>
> Am i right? Are you aware of an available library for that?

I don't know of any.  Burning flash is usually fairly simple,
but it varies slightly from one flash vendor to another and
even from one board layout to another.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com