Re: gdb/633: fully qualified pathnames in solib_map_sections() and remote debugging

On Aug 12, 11:07am, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> > This leaves only the question of "how".  I don't want to change the
> >

> >> This is a target environment thing?  So why not ask the target:
> >>
> >> target_getenv()
> >> 	-> qGetenv:<STRING>
> >> 	<- value
> >

> > No (although I will get back to qGetenv later... :).  We're discussing
> > the behavior of the function solib.c:solib_open.  It should vary
> > depending on whether the current target is native or not, and I don't
> > know how to figure that out correctly.
>
> There are two approaches:  have solib_open() test for a local/remote
> target; or, add methods to the target vector that allow solib_open() to
> be written independant of the target.

At the moment, I like the first approach better because it's simpler.
I'd prefer that we wait on the more complicated approach until a need
is demonstrated for the additional complexity.

> Adding a local/remote test is going to be easier.

Do we already have such a test?

Kevin