Re: HP catchpoint code

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 10:04:28AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > I don't think we can start writing the PA obituary just yet.
> > Something to-the-point is probably in order as part of the 5.3 announcement.
> > Andrew
>
> When you say 'remove PA' you don't _really_ mean remove PARISC support
> from gdb? :}

Absolutely.  It's gotten (started?) very crufty, and _no one_ has been
willing to maintain it.  I know ye HPPA/Linux folks have your own port,
and so far not a soul has been willing to contribute it to GDB - I
don't know who can, I sure didn't write it, I just include it in the
Debian packages to make Randolph stop nagging me :)

More to the point, though - if someone steps forward to do some
long-needed work on PARISC, that can stay, but HP/UX support is what I
really want to leave (or be updated).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz